Bengkung is a traditional Malay belly compression binding method after childbirth. The Postpartum Belly Wrap (Bengkung) will help you with your posture during feedings. *This is not a weight loss product. It is a supportive binding, that aids in returning muscles and organs to their pre-pregnancy position!
Traditionally, this practice nurtures the new mother for 30-40 days after birth with daily massage, “Bengkung” binding and an appropriate nurturing diet.
In the comfort of the mother’s home, Alexa offers this treatment which involves, rebozo massage, a Womb Massage, followed by the application of the ‘Bengkung’ wrap and firming paste. This treatment is most effective in the first 3 months post-partum. Ideal start time is 4-5 days after a vaginal delivery, and 2-6 weeks after a caesarean section. This massage relaxes the muscles, whilst clearing and boosting the circulation and lymphatic systems of the body. The massage is designed to aid the post-partum recovery process, alleviating any physical and emotional symptoms that delivery might cause, with the aim of restoring balance and well-being.
The “Bengkung” wrap is bound around the mother’s pelvis and stomach every day. It guides the uterus and the abdominal organs back into their proper positions, and helps to bring the abdominal muscles back together, enabling the mother to swiftly recover and accept the new self.
Bengkung belly binding is meant to support your healing body while your muscles retract, it supports your organs so they return to their pre-pregnancy size and positions, and promotes warming of the body after the cooling process of childbirth.
– Pelvic Floor Support
During childbirth, the cervix opens approximately 10cm. Steady pressure on the hips helps the cervix and pelvic floor close and return to it’s pre-pregnancy size.
– Back Support
Lower back pain is a common complaint of new mothers, largely due to weak abdominal muscles and poor posture. Belly Binding is a great antidote to both of these causes.
– Diastasis Recti
During pregnancy, the two large bands of abdominal muscles can expand and separate. Separation usually lessens a few months postpartum, but can last for longer periods depending on the severity.
Belly Binding helps to tone the abdominal muscles by keeping the muscles in the proper places during healing and providing pressure to close the abdominal muscles. Belly Binding is likely not going to cure your diastasis recti, but is a great additional method of support and comfort to your healing body.
– Decreases postpartum bleeding time
Pressure and support for your uterus helps it contract and shrink to pregnancy size a little quicker, which also lessens your bleeding time.
– Posture – It is difficult (if not impossible) to slouch while properly bound. This can help with the common “nursing-slouch” that can lead to muscle aches and difficultly breastfeeding. Correct posture while breastfeeding leads to proper latch and decreased muscle tension.
– Modesty – Lifting your shirt and exposing your belly to feed your new little life can be difficult or uncomfortable for some women. Having a bind on can have the added benefit of providing a little more modesty while also providing great support. It’s a beautiful wrap honouring your postpartum body and holding it firm and warm while you heal.
– Taking the time each day to care for yourself, recognizing that the postpartum mother is just as important as your new little life, and wrapping yourself with the comfort and care that you deserve is a valuable addition to your daily routine. Enjoy the excuse to take some time and listen to what your healing body is telling you it needs while your warmly wrap an area with love that has worked so hard for you and your baby.
– Positive Self Image – Using beautiful fabric to wrap your healing body not only looks great, but feels great too. When you feel good and supported, you feel better about yourself in general. Happy mums lead to happy babies.
– Postpartum wrapping helps slim your ribs, hips, and abdomen by holding them in place and guiding them back to together as they heal. While it’s not a waist trainer or binder made to really slim you down. Things look tighter, firmer, and healthier for days after taking the time to care for your body.
Bengkung belly binding is a great way to heal, honor, and warm your body after childbirth but guess what, you can do this anytime! Some women use their Bengkung belly binds years after birth to heal diastasis recti, provide lower back support, and many other things. It’s so comfortable and supportive to the body and mind, it will be a tool in your back pocket for many, many years.
– Full Body Rebozo Massage
– Womb Massage
– Bengkung Binding Kit (womb paste and premium quality unbleached cotton muslin, raw edge)
– Self-binding instruction video
£330 – 3 sessions (usually once a week) – 60-75 mins
£950 – 10 sessions (consecutive weekdays)
£2,700 – 30 sessions (consecutive weekdays)
Closing the Bones + Bengkung Belly Wrap
£490 – at your home
First session we do the ceremony and we finish with the wrap. Two more sessions include rebozo massage, womb massage and belly wrap
Payment due on first session
Payment can be made by cash or bank transfer
Pre-paid sessions to be used within 3 months
You can always re-schedule an appointment without charge please give me as much time as possible